Our Regular Crews
Habitat MidOhio is blessed to have a variety of volunteer groups that work on site on a regular basis and bring many years of experience to their work at Habitat. If you’re interested in volunteering with Habitat on a regular basis, please check out the brief descriptions below to find a group that might work best for you! To get connected with one of these groups, please email email@example.com.
Tuesday & Thursday Crew and A-Team
These two crews are comprised of construction volunteers who have weekday availability on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Both crews work throughout the year and are assigned to work sites based on where help is most needed that week. Projects can include new builds, rehabs, home repair, and some occasional warehouse work.
Licking County Regulars
Our Licking County Regulars, or LCRs, are construction volunteers who work primarily on our new builds in Licking County. They work a variety of days, but typically work on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays.
These groups are volunteer-led projects. Each group typically “adopts” one house per year and provides funding, project leadership, and volunteers for that project.
- AEP: Volunteers are both current AEP employees and AEP retirees. Typically work on Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays throughout the build.
- Northwest AAH: Volunteers are typically from the churches listed below and work on Thursday mornings and Saturdays throughout the build. NWAAH partnership churches include the following:
- Atonement Lutheran Church
- Covenant Presbyterian Church
- First Community Church
- Holy Trinity Lutheran Church
- Northwest Christian Church
- Riverside United Methodist Church
- St. Agatha Roman Catholic Church
- St. Mark's Episcopal Church
- Hilliard AAH: Volunteers are typically from the churches listed below and work on Wednesdays and Saturdays throughout the build. HAAH partnership churches include the following:
- Amlin United Methodist Church
- Annunciation Greek Orthodox Cathedral
- Indian Run United Methodist Church
- King Avenue United Methodist Church
- Linworth United Methodist Church
- St. Brendan The Navigator Catholic Church
- St. James Lutheran Church
- To learn more, visit their website here.
- Northside Partnership (NSP): Volunteers are typically from the churches listed below and work on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays throughout the build. NSP partnership churches include the following:
- All Saints Lutheran Church
- Bethel International United Methodist Church
- Bethel Presbyterian Church
- Circle of Hope Church
- Columbus Mennonite Church
- Dublin Presbyterian Church
- Immaculate Conception Catholic Church
- New Hope Reformed Church
- Overbrook Presbyterian Church
- Prince of Peace Lutheran (Dublin)
- St. Brigid of Kildare
- St. John’s Episcopal Church
- St. Patrick’s Episcopal Church
- Worthington Presbyterian Church
- Worthington Christian Church
- For project updates, please view their page on our website.
Our regular Women Build crew is comprised of women who dedicate much of their time to our Women Build project, but choose to work all year round where help is needed. They typically volunteer once a week on Thursdays. During the Women Build off-season, this crew’s projects include new builds, home repair, and occasional special event help.
Both of Habitat MidOhio’s campus chapters are student-led, student-initiated organizations. These chapters volunteer on site, advocate for affordable housing on campus, and help out at special events as needed.
- OSU: Habitat for Humanity Campus Chapter at The Ohio State University works to reduce substandard housing by connecting OSU students to opportunities to raise funds, serve their community, and form friendships that support collective acts of altruism. Typically, the chapter volunteers both locally with Habitat MidOhio and with other Habitat affiliates during alternative break trips.
- Denison: The Habitat club at Denison volunteers once per month at the Newark Habitat ReStore, in addition to volunteering with other Habitat affiliates during alternative break trips. They have also hosted Playhouse Project builds on campus in recent years!