women build program
About Women Build
Since 1992, Habitat MidOhio Women Build volunteers from all walks of life have come together to address the housing crisis faced by women and children in Central Ohio. Our Women Build program provides the opportunity for women to take a proactive step in serving their communities.
- The Women Build program empowers women to build Habitat for Humanity homes, enabling them to positively impact the lives of children by making homeownership a reality for families.
- Women Build is not about excluding men; it’s about including women.
- Some women may be intimidated on a traditional construction site, but in the comfortable environment of a Women Build site, they are encouraged to learn new skills.
- By planning projects where the majority of volunteers are women, Women Build involves more women in Habitat’s construction efforts, thereby increasing the number of houses Habitat can build.
Are you ready to build with us? Habitat MidOhio is planning to start Women Build #14 in the fall of 2020. For questions or to be added to the interest list for the upcoming build, please contact Rachel Hardin, Volunteer Resource Coordinator, at (614) 364-7030 or at RHardin@habitatmidohio.org.
As with any Habitat build, securing funding is critical step in making the Women Build program possible. We would love to involve more companies and organizations in the upcoming Women Build through our new Women Build Day Sponsorship Program!
$5,000 Day Sponsorship: Available Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- Bring up to 10 women volunteers from your organization on your specific build day (includes a Habitat Women Build T-shirt for each volunteer)
- Up to 10 volunteers on a second build site (can be either the same day or at another time)
- Sponsorship highlighted on Habitat for Humanity-MidOhio’s social media channels (@HabitatMidOhio)
- Listing in Habitat MidOhio’s Annual Report
For more information or to book your build day, please contact Maggie Walters, Development Manager, at MWalters@HabitatMidOhio.org or at (614) 364-7024.