women build program
Since 1992, Habitat MidOhio Women Build volunteers from all walks of life have come together to build stronger, safer communities. Though our neighborhoods are comprised largely of women and children, they are also the population most likely to be affected by poor living conditions. Our Women Build program provides the opportunity for women to take a proactive step in serving their communities.
* The Women Build program empowers women to build Habitat for Humanity homes,
enabling them to positively impact the lives of children by making homeownership
a reality for families.
* Women Build is not about excluding men; it’s about including women.
* Some women may be intimidated on a “mixed” construction site but in the comfortable
environment of a Women Build site, they quickly learn construction skills.
* By planning projects where the majority of volunteers are women, Women Build involves
more women in Habitat’s construction efforts, thereby increasing the number of
houses Habitat can build.
* When women come together in a supportive environment, they feel a tremendous sense
of accomplishment and increased self-esteem.
* Habitat MidOhio has built 12 Women Build homes, and we are beginning a 13th one in
the fall of 2019.
Are you ready to build with us?
For more information, please contact Rachel Hardin, Volunteer Resource Coordinator, at (614) 364-7030 or at RHardin@habitatmidohio.org.