Habitat for Humanity – MidOhio is committed to providing opportunities for central Ohio families to live in homes that are safe, decent, and affordable. Through our Neighborhood Revitalization efforts and partnership with donors, volunteers, and the community we offer two main programs to accomplish this goal: our homeownership program for first-time homeowners and our home repair program for current homeowners.
Please note that Habitat will not offer assistance on the expressed or implied condition that people must adhere to or convert to a particular faith or listen and respond to messaging designed to induce conversion to a particular faith.
New Homeownership Applications for Franklin and Licking County are not currently being distributed.
Call our intake line (614) 484-1966 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or to request an application.
Habitat for Humanity’s homeownership program brings the dream of homeownership to qualifying partner families. Applicants must demonstrate a need for housing, the ability to pay a mortgage, and the willingness to partner with us. We invite families who desire to become homeowners to partner with us in a 12-18 month process that includes construction on their own home and other Habitat homes, financial and home maintenance classes, and serving in their communities.
Requirements for new Homeownership:
(1) Need You must demonstrate that your current housing is inadequate, unsafe, unaffordable, or unhealthy. You may also qualify if you live in subsidized housing. You and your family will be considered if your income is 30-60% of the Area Median Income (AMI). AMI is determined by the number of people in your household. See *chart below.
(2) Willingness to Partner Are you willing to invest 200-250 in Sweat Equity hours? This time is spent assisting with construction, attending required classes, and other activities for 12-18 months. Such requirements may involve 20-30 hours per month of extra work in addition to your current employment.
(3) Ability to Pay You must demonstrate your ability to pay a monthly mortgage payment. This monthly amount will include your house payment, homeowner’s insurance, and taxes. This requires satisfactory credit and a stable income.
- You must be at the same job for 6 months and employed for at least 1 year.
- Filing for bankruptcy does not disqualify you BUT we require that the bankruptcy be fully discharged by the court for a minimum of two years.
- No open liens or judgments.
- Current on all utilities for at least 3 months.
- No more than $1,000 in collections.
*Area Median Income (AMI) 2021 HUD INCOME GUIDELINES
FAMILY SIZE 30% 30% Monthly 60% 60% Monthly
ONE (1) $17,650 $1,471 $35,220 $2,935
TWO (2) $20,150 $1,679 $40,260 $3,355
THREE (3) $22,650 $1,888 $45,300 $3,775
FOUR (4) $25,150 $2,096 $50,280 $4,190
FIVE (5) $27,200 $2,267 $54,360 $4,530
SIX (6) $29,200 $2,433 $58,380 $4,865
SEVEN (7) $31,200 $2,600 $62,400 $5,200
EIGHT (8) $33,200 $2,767 $66,420 $5,535
NINE (9) $35,250 $2,938 $70,440 $5,870
TEN (10) $37,250 $3,104 $74,460 $6,205
Important Instructions for Submitting a Complete Application:
Completed applications with copies of all required documents must be mailed to 6665 Busch Blvd. Columbus, OH 43229 OR dropped into the drop-box available at our office (same as mailing address) during normal business hours. There will be no exceptions.
· No copies will be made at the office.
· No application review; we will only take completed application packets.
· No drop-ins outside of designated times. Call 614-484-1966 or email email@example.com with any questions.
If you are interested in applying for our Homeownership Program, call our office at (614) 484-1966 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive an application in the mail.
As part of Habitat for Humanity MidOhio’s commitment to sustained neighborhood revitalization, we offer our home repair program to current homeowners in Franklin, Licking, and Madison counties. This program enables families to continue living in and maintaining a safe, decent, and affordable home. Homes must be owner-occupied, and owners must be current on property taxes and mortgage payments. Household income must be at or below 80% of Area Median Income (AMI). See below for income guidelines.
Family Size Max 80% Yearly Gross Income Max 80% Monthly Gross Income
ONE $46,950.00 $3,913.00
TWO $53,650.00 $4,471.00
THREE $60,350.00 $5,029.00
FOUR $67,050.00 $5,588.00
FIVE $72,450.00 $6,038.00
SIX $77,800.00 $6,483.00
SEVEN $83,150.00 $6,929.00
EIGHT $88,550.00 $7,379.00
NINE $93,900.00 $7,825.00
TEN $99,250.00 $8,271.00
To find out more information and other requirements for the Home Repair program, please click the brochure link below.
If you are interested in applying for our Home Repair Program, call our office at (614) 484-1966 or email email@example.com to receive an application in the mail.
Are you a U.S. Veteran or currently serving in the military?
We encourage you to consider homeownership through our Veterans Build program. As part of a national initiative, “Veterans Build” encourages veterans and members of the military and their families to access affordable housing through Habitat for Humanity MidOhio. Habitat MidOhio Veterans will also qualify for additional mortgage discounts based on years of active service. The initiative also aims to create awareness of the opportunity to productively engage in the community alongside fellow veterans and to promote the value of volunteering in service to others.
About the Fair Housing Act
The Fair Housing Act prohibits discrimination in housing because of:
- Race or color
- National origin
- Familial status (including children under the age of 18 living with parents or legal custodians; pregnant women and people securing custody of children under eighteen.
The following interpretation services are available: Language, American Sign Language and TTY/TTD/TTT.
If you need assistance in understanding or translation services, please contact (614) 364-7014.